Calling all Cookie Monsters! Are you ready for the ultimate, nothing-excluded, cookie recipe? This Healthier Monster Cookie has it all: oats, nut butter, chocolate chips, colorful candies...and it's totally vegan and gluten-free! Include chopped up, leftover Halloween candy for even more cookie fun.
- 1 cup gluten-free quick cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted creamy almond butter (or any nut or seed butter)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or vegan, soy-free butter (softened not melted)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (+ more for topping if desired)
- 1/3 cup dye-free vegan, soy-free dark chocolate gems (+ more for topping if desire) [I use UNREAL brand]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a half sheet baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients (oats, baking soda and salt). Whisk well.
- Add the nut or seed butter (I use almond butter), melted vegan butter or coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla to the dry ingredients and beat with an electric hand mixer.
- Add the chocolate chips and chocolate gems. Beat again with the hand mixer.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Add more chocolates to top of cookies if desired.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to fully cool on baking sheet before transferring to a wire cooling rack. If your cookies are crumbling slightly then add the entire baking sheet to the freezer for 10-15 minutes. This will help the almond butter and vegan butter/coconut oil harden a bit which helps hold the cookie together more.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days. You can store them in your refrigerator for up to one week. Bring them back to room temperature before enjoying.
For the chocolate gems, I use Unreal vegan, non-GMO fair-trade dark chocolate gems (they look like M&Ms).
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 8
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
Keywords: Healthy Vegan Monster Cookies