This festive smoothie bowl is the perfect way to start your special day - especially for all the summer birthdays out there. It is thick, creamy and tastes like cake batter! It is garnished with all-natural sprinkles, coconut whipped cream, shredded coconut and frozen berries. You can add a candle too if you want to make a birthday wish!
This smoothie bowl is refined sugar-free, vegan, paleo and gluten-free.
- 4 large pitted Medjool dates (or substitute 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup)
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds or raw cashews
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats (optional for more cake-like flavor)
- 2 frozen sliced bananas
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, plain plant-based milk (I recommend almond milk)*
- Boost It: 1 tablespoon chia seeds, hemp seeds and/or ground flaxseed
- In a high speed blender, add all the ingredients except the frozen riced cauliflower. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add the frozen riced cauliflower and blend again until no chunks remain.
- Taste and adjust sweetness and flavors as desired. Pour into a shallow bowl and garnish as shown in the picture. Or, be creative and do your own thing.
*If you need to use more milk to get the blender going try adding only a little bit at a time. If you use too much the smoothie bowl will be too thin and runny.
Keywords: birthday, smoothie bowl