One of our favorite seasonal treats are Hanukkah Gelt Cookies! They're made from a fluffy, flavorful almond flour cookie base and homemade chocolate gelt. We love enjoying them while playing dreidel or just as a fun dessert during the holidays!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To the mixing bowl add almond flour, baking soda and salt and stir to fully combine. Add the wet ingredients (melted vegan butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract) and combine using a spoon.
- Using a retractable cookie scoop, make 14 cookie dough balls (about 1.5 tablespoons in size each). Roll each cookie scoop into a ball with your hands.
- Place each cookie dough ball on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately press a chocolate gelt coin into the center of each cookie. Work quickly to avoid the cookies from hardening as they cool. It is easier to push the chocolate coins into the cookies right when they come out of the oven. If the edges of the cookie start to crack you can fix them with your fingers while they are still warm.
- Allow the cookies to cool directly on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to fully cool. They will harden as they cool so be sure to wait to handle them until they have fully cooled. Enjoy after they have fully cooled or store in an airtight container for up to five days.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: vegan paleo gelt cookies