Let’s have fun with summer veggies! This colorful seasonal plant-based dish is bursting with bold flavor, nutrient-rich veggies, and bright pesto, all served over gluten-free veggie pasta. This summery pasta dish has become an instant favorite in our house and we’ll be making it all summer long!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 medium squash (zucchini or yellow squash), cut into 1/4” thick half moons
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into 2” chunks
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (cover the grill and leave all burners on low heat for 5-10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, prep the vegetables and place in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a 1-cup measuring cup, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Pour overtop prepped veggies and toss together well.
- Place veggies on the preheated grill in a grill basket in one even layer. Grill for 30 minutes rotating the veggies throughout and taking them off the grill as they finish cooking. You want the veggies to be fork tender and have golden brown grill marks on both sides. The tomatoes can be removed after 10 minutes. Set grilled veggies aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Be sure to rinse with warm water immediately after they are finished cooking.
- While the pasta cooks, make the pesto in a food processor.
- Once the veggies are finished grilling and the pasta is cooked and rinsed, combine everything together in a mixing bowl (pasta, pesto and grilled veggies). Toss well and divide into bowls or plates. Garnish with the optional balsamic glaze if desired. Serve hot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat on the stove top with a little water and olive oil for best results.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Grill
Keywords: grilled veggie pesto pasta