This bright and citrusy cocktail is both refreshing and delicious. The clean vodka pairs beautifully with the fresh grapefruit juice and bubbly tonic water. You can double the recipe to serve six people.
- 1 large chilled grapefruit, juiced (yields ~ 3/4 cup juice)*
- 1 can Powell & Mahoney Tonic Water, chilled (or substitute soda water)
- 3 ounces vodka (or omit for an alcohol-free "mocktail")
- Grapefruit quarter wheels for garnish (from one additional grapefruit with the skin on)
- Ice cubes
- In advance of making the drink, place three glasses in the freezer. This step is optional but recommended for a frosty glass.
- Juice your grapefruit using a juicer which should yield 3/4 - 1 cup of juice.
- Remove glasses from freezer and layer with ice cubes and grapefruit quarter wheels (or grapefruit slices or chunks). Pour 1 ounce of vodka into each of the three glasses. Divide the fresh squeezed grapefruit juice amongst the three glasses (about ~1/4-1/3 cup of juice in each). Top with tonic until full. One can of tonic should be perfect for three glasses. Stir well with your straw and enjoy immediately.
- Alternatively, you could use a shaker and combine ice, grapefruit juice and vodka in a martini shaker and serve over ice with grapefruit wheels.
*See my post above for selecting a perfectly juicy grapefruit
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Drink