This comforting and rich drink combines all the flavors of a gingerbread cookie that are so craveable this time of year. Just whirl everything together in your high speed blender, pour and enjoy with a cinnamon stick and sprinkle of cloves.
- 2 cups unsweetened, plain almond milk (try with my homemade almond milk, cashew milk or oat milk
- 3–4 tablespoons maple syrup*
- 1 teaspoon Frontier organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier organic ground Vietnamese cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier organic ground ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier organic ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier organic ground nutmeg
- Garnish with a Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified 3″ Ceylon Cinnamon Stick and a light dusting of Frontier organic ground cloves
- Add almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg to a high-speed blender and blend on highest speed or the “soup setting” if you have that. Blend until hot and steamy (2-3 minutes). To speed up the process you could add already warmed almond milk to the blender.
- Pour the mixture (including all the froth/foam) into two mugs and garnish each mug with a cinnamon stick and a light dusting of ground cloves. Serve immediately while piping hot.
* This depends on your desired sweetness level. I recommend starting with 3 tablespoons, tasting and increasing to 4 tablespoons if needed. You can also substitute pitted Medjool dates. I recommend starting with 6 dates.
For added creaminess and body: add 2 tablespoons raw cashews or blanched slivered almonds
Note: You could add a touch of blackstrap molasses for even more gingerbread flavor. It can be bitter so I recommend starting with 1/4 teaspoon and tasting before adding more.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
Keywords: Gingerbread Steamer Beverage