- 1, 15 ounce can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1.5 tablespoons avocado or walnut oil (or other neutral tasting oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse, drain and dry chickpeas well. I like to place the chickpeas between two paper towels and roll with two flat hands until all moisture is absorbed.
- Place dried chickpeas in a 10-inch cast iron skillet or on a parchment lined baking sheet and toss well with oil and salt. You can add maple syrup for a sweet/savory combination at this time. Spread out evenly leaving room for each chickpea to breathe.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- After baking, toss with additional seasonings if desired while the chickpeas are still warm (such as 1/2 teaspoon paprika, smoked paprika, curry powder, onion powder, garlic powder or turmeric).
- Allow to fully cool before storing.
- Store at room temperature with the lid slightly cracked so they do not get soggy. They are best when fresh but can last a couple of days.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Snack or Garnish