These easy bars are nutritious enough for breakfast or brunch but good enough for dessert...and you can make a ton and freeze them for when you need a quick breakfast or snack! Freezer-Friendly Easy Oat Bars are a one-bowl recipe for the most delicious snack bars I've ever had.
- 4 cups quick cooking oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 cup maple sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 cup raw creamy (and runny not hardened) almond butter (or seed butter of choice for nut-free)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (or melted vegan butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, oat milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add the oats, maple sugar (or coconut sugar) and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the almond butter, melted coconut oil (or melted vegan butter), maple syrup, non-dairy milk of choice and vanilla extract. Stir well to combine. You may need to use a hand mixer to combine thoroughly.
- Transfer the oat mixture over to the parchment lined baking pan. Place another piece of parchment paper overtop and use the bottom of a small glass to press the mixture down so it is packed tightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature. To speed the process up, place on a heat safe surface in your refrigerator. Once fully cooled, slice into 15 squares and enjoy.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator separating the oat bars with parchment paper. In the refrigerator they keep for up to one week. Alternatively, you can store in the freezer for up to three months in an airtight container with the bars separated by parchment paper (to avoid them sticking together while they freeze). .
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Breakfast or Snack
- Method: Oven