Pesto is one of the easiest ways to elevate a dish! My Easy Vegan Basil Pesto uses just a couple fresh ingredients and minimal oil to achieve a flavorful finish that's perfect as a sauce, spread, or dip.
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/3 cup raw pine nuts
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Add fresh basil, pine nuts, lemon, garlic, and salt to a 7-cup food processor. Turn on the motor and slowly stream in the oil while the motor is still running. Next, add in the water while the motor is running.
- Remove top and taste. Adjust flavor and texture to taste if desired. Scrape down the sides to process again if needed.
- Use immediately overtop pasta, pizza or grilled or roasted veggies, in wraps or sandwiches, or stirred into soup!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to one week. Pesto sauce will thicken slightly after being stored. Allow to sit at room temperature to allow the oil to liquify before using. You can also freeze this pesto for up to 3 months (leaving room at the top of the airtight container for expansion).
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Condiment/Sauce
- Method: Food Processor
Keywords: easy vegan pesto recipe