This Easy Summer Tomato Salad uses all of the freshest and most flavorful summertime ingredients for a salad that's anything but basic! Top it with a Homemade Lemon Garlic Dressing for a side dish that's downright dreamy.
For the Salad
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges or sliced (use different colors if desired)
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- handful of fresh basil, stems removed and leaves julienned
- optional: crumbled vegan feta cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- optional: sliced kalamata olives, pitted
- optional: pine nuts, hemp seeds or pistachios
For the Lemon Garlic Dressing
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large juicy lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed through a garlic press
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- Add tomatoes, avocado, onion and basil to a serving bowl. Add any optional ingredients if desired.
- Whisk together the lemon garlic dressing ingredients and pour overtop the tomato salad. Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for 1 day but best served when freshly prepared.
garlic press [use code ELAINE-10 for 10% off]Buy Now →
Measuring Spoons [use code ELAINE-10 for 10% off]Buy Now →
lemon squeezer [use code ELAINE-10 for 10% off]Buy Now →
knife set (code ELAINE for 10% off)Buy Now →
Refrigerate the tomatoes and avocados in advance for best results. This salad should be serve chilled.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side