This Easy Summer Tomato Salad uses all of the freshest and most flavorful summertime ingredients for a salad that's anything but basic! Top it with a Homemade Lemon Garlic Dressing for a side dish that's downright dreamy.
For the Salad
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges or sliced (use different colors if desired)
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- handful of fresh basil, stems removed and leaves julienned
- optional: crumbled vegan feta cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- optional: sliced kalamata olives, pitted
- optional: pine nuts, hemp seeds or pistachios
For the Lemon Garlic Dressing
Refrigerate the tomatoes and avocados in advance for best results. This salad should be serve chilled.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side