This simple recipe is my favorite way to cook sugar snap peas. They are crisp, perfectly flavored and so easy to make in under ten minutes. All you need is one pan and a handful of basic ingredients to wow everyone with this seasonal side dish.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- optional: 1-2 tablespoons toasted white sesame seeds for garnish
- optional: 1-2 tablespoons hemp hearts for added plant-based protein
- Heat oil in a 12-inch, non-stick skillet (I love cast iron for this recipe) over low to medium heat. Add the shallot, garlic, salt, chili flakes and black pepper and saute over low to medium heat for 3 minutes until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the sugar snap peas and sauté for 3 minutes. Do not overcook them - they will continue to cook after you take them off the heat.
- Optional: Toss with sesame seeds and/or hemp hearts if using.
- Serve immediately and enjoy while hot. Garnish with more sesame seeds if desired.
- Prep Time: 1
- Cook Time: 6
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: how to cook sugar snap peas