I love to make raspberry chia jam to put in my smoothies, on my toast or with my oatmeal. It is a great addition to yogurt or parfaits too. This version is refined sugar-free and contains nutrient-dense chia seeds which resemble raspberry seeds making this jam look super authentic.
You won't believe how quickly it comes together and how simple the method is!
- 1.5 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons black or white chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Add the frozen raspberries to a small saucepan over low heat and cook uncovered until the raspberries start to break down and release their juices (about 5 minutes). I like to use a potato masher to smash the raspberries and get it nice and smooth.
- Remove the saucepan from the burner and then add the maple syrup, chia seeds and vanilla extract (if using). Stir until well combined.
- Transfer to a small glass jar and let cool completely in the refrigerator. The jam will continue to thicken overnight in the refrigerator. Enjoy after it has chilled for at least 6 hours (overnight is ideal).
- Store in your refrigerator for up to one week.
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Jams and Spreads
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: raspberry chia jam