A light, dairy-free, refined sugar-free and gluten-free crisp that lets peaches shine on their own. This simple and healthy dessert is always a crowd pleaser. Sweet peaches combine with cinnamon, vanilla, maple syrup and an oat topping to create the perfect summertime dessert (or even breakfast). I love to top mine with cold vanilla ice cream (dairy-free) for the perfect combo. This recipe will work with any stone fruit or even berries. This recipe is full of whole grains and healthy fiber. I hope you all enjoy this special summer treat as much as we do!
- 8 peaches, skin on, diced into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Crisp Topping
- 1 cup gluten-free oats quick cooking
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking dish with 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
- To prepare the filling mix the peaches with maple syrup, arrowroot powder and cinnamon. Place mixture in baking dish.
- To prepare the crisp topping use a clean mixing bowl to stir together the quick cooking oats, oat flour, butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract. The dough will be thick. Using your fingers, sprinkle chunks of the dough on top of the peaches. Make sure it is a nice even layer that covers the peaches. Do not press down. It is okay if there are spaces where you can see the peaches.
- Bake for twenty minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve warm with cold vegan dairy-free vanilla ice cream. I recommend enjoying within 1-2 days or it will get soggy.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins