These vegan and gluten free sugar cookies are healthier than traditional sugar cookies and allergy-friendly so all can enjoy this holiday season! This recipe makes 20 cookies depending on the size and thickness of your cookies.
- Vegan Paleo Icing
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the icing. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use. If possible make in advance so it has time to thicken overnight.
- For the cookies, cream all ingredients (almond flour, coconut oil or vegan butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt) together with a hand mixer in a medium sized bowl.
- Scoop entire batter onto large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top with another sheet of parchment paper. Use rolling pin or glass cup and roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Place in freezer for about 15 minutes until dough is firm and well chilled.
- Remove top layer of parchment and quickly use cookie cutters to make shapes. Remove excess dough and bake shaped cookies right on parchment paper. Repeat process with excess dough if desired. The recipe makes about 20 cookies depending on the size and thickness of your cookies.
- Bake at 325 for about 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness of cookies. Check on them every couple minutes as they can burn easily. You want them to look golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to rest on the cookie sheet for a few minutes.
- Carefully move cookies to cooling rack to cool fully (they will harden once fully cooled).
- Decorate cooled cookies with frosting and add sprinkles if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to one week.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert