This is the carrot recipe that my whole family is in love with! Kids and adults alike can’t get enough of these Maple Glazed Carrots, and they’re so easy to make! Slicing carrots thin allows them to cook quickly and sautéing them with a bit of maple syrup gives a hint of sweetness that pairs perfectly with their natural flavor. We have them all the time and I think you’ll love them too!
- 1.5 cups thinly sliced carrots from one bunch (~1/2 pound) of carrots, ends removed, peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the carrots, olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Stir well to evenly coat the carrots.
- Sauté over medium heat for 15 minutes until the carrots are fork tender and the outside is slightly caramelized and golden brown. Be sure to stir occasionally to ensure the carrots get evenly browned (every five minutes or so). After each stir spread the carrots into one even layer across the entire bottom of the skillet to ensure they all are getting browned. Do not let them cook in a small skillet in a big pile or they will not caramelize and cook evenly.
- Serve immediately. Or, store once they have fully cooled in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
If your carrots are thick you may need to cut each slice in half to create half moons.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop