This Easy Instant Pot Homemade Applesauce is the tastiest recipe with an incredibly short and wholesome ingredient list. Homemade applesauce is far superior to store-bought in every way. This one has a thick and creamy texture that makes it extra decadent. The apple flavor really shines through and you can customize the sweetness and cinnamon flavor to your liking.
- 3 pounds apples (cored, skin left on), halved (no need to slice or chop)
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 2 pitted Medjool dates (optional for added sweetness)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Place cored and halved apples and water directly in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add pitted dates and ground cinnamon if using. Close the lid and make sure the valve is on sealed.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes. Press the OFF button and manually release the steam. Once the floating valve drops, remove the lid and allow the apples to slightly cool.
- Carefully transfer the apples and any liquids into a high speed blender. Blend until completely smooth and creamy (about 10 seconds on high speed). Transfer to a mason jar and store in the refrigerator to thicken up overnight. You can enjoy immediately but it will be very hot and a bit thinner in consistency than if you wait for it to chill and thicken up in the refrigerator.
- Applesauce will stay fresh for up to one week as long as no used utensils are introduced to the jar.
* Any type of apple will work in this recipe. I like sweet red apples like Honeycrisp the best. Sometimes I like to mix in one or two Granny Smith apples for some tartness.
The flavors will change once the applesauce cools.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
Keywords: Instant Pot Applesauce