This ultra-creamy homemade Vegan Cashew Cream is so quick and easy to make. All you need is cashews, water and salt. Everything goes straight in your blender and out comes homemade cashew cream that you wouldn’t believe is completely dairy-free. Add it to your soups, salad dressing, dips, pasta or anything you want to make creamy.
- raw cashews*
- filtered water
- fine salt
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on the highest speed for 45 seconds. Scrape down the sides with a mini spatula and blend again for 15 seconds.
- Transfer to an airtight container and place in refrigerator for 4-6 hours to thicken up. You can use the cashew cream right away but it will be warm from blending and it will have a thinner consistency than if you let it thicken up in the refrigerator.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
- To soak your cashews place them in an airtight container with filtered water. Place the container in your refrigerator overnight. Drain and rinse before using in this recipe.
- Alternatively, you can use a quick soak method and pour boiling water overtop the cashews for 1-2 hours before draining, rinsing and using in this recipe.
- Once the cashews have been soaked they will measure more than one cup since they absorb the water as they soak.
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Blender
Keywords: homemade cashew cream