This Chocolate Hemp Seed Milk recipe is so easy to make and has the perfect blend of hemp and cocoa flavors!
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds (also known as hemp hearts)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 soft pitted Medjool dates or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of fine salt
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on the highest speed for 1 minute until completely smooth and creamy. No date bits should remain.
- Immediately pour over a glass filled with ice cubes. Or, store in a milk storage bottle in the refrigerator and chill for later. Store for up to four days. If storing, separation will occur. Simple give the bottle a vigorous shake before pouring.
glass bottle storage containerBuy Now →
glass storage containers with lid - largeBuy Now →
The hemp seeds and dates break down during blending. However, for an extra smooth texture you can pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer to catch anything that your blender might have missed. This straining step is also a great option if you do not have a high performance blender.
I store my dates at room temperature to keep them soft.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Beverage