These Healthier Homemade Crunch Bars need just a couple ingredients and a few minutes to make. You'll be in chocolate heaven before you know it! They're full of crave-worthy chocolate and a satisfying crunch, but have no dairy or refined sugar. Make these as an allergen-friendly holiday treat or a fun dessert!
- Add chocolate to a microwave safe container and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir well. Chocolate should measure about 1 cup when melted. You can also melt on the stovetop with a double boiler. Do not overheat the chocolate. I typically melt the chocolate about 3/4 of the way and then stir off the heat to melt the rest.
- Add melted chocolate to a large mixing bowl along with the brown rice crisp cereal, almond butter, maple sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper in both directions. Smooth with a mini spatula into one even layer.
- Freeze for 10 minutes. Lift the parchment paper from the baking pan and use a sharp knife to cut into twelve bars (five cuts in one direction and one cut halfway through in the other direction). Enjoy immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container separated by parchment paper. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months (allow to thaw at room temperature before enjoying). Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks (allow to briefly thaw at room temperature before enjoying).
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Dessert/Candy
- Method: Freezer
Keywords: vegan crunch bars