This is my everyday Easy Creamy Vegan Tahini Sauce that pairs well with bowls, roasted vegetables and salads. It adds an incredible nutrient boost to any meal since it offers iron, calcium, fiber, plant-based protein, antioxidants and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. With a super short list of simple ingredients you can whip it up quickly. Simply whisk the ingredients together to create this savory, nutty, bright, sweet and flavorful sauce that is ultra-creamy and versatile.
- 1/2 cup runny tahini*
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a two-cup measuring cup or medium sized mixing bowl and use a mini-whisk to combine until smooth and creamy.
- Use immediately or store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. Sauce will thicken after stored. To thin out add room temperature or warm water and whisk.**
*Lately I have been loving the Whole Foods 365 brand of organic tahini. As soon as I open a new jar I stir the oils well to fully incorporate them throughout the jar. I also give it a good stir before each use. This helps to prevent it from hardening at the bottom overtime. For this recipe (and most recipes that use tahini) you want the tahini to be runny (but not over oily) so stirring it vigorously each time is so important to maintaining good texture throughout the entire jar.
**This recipe makes a good sized batch and I don't typically use it all in one meal with our family. To keep leftovers fresh, store in an airtight small container in your refrigerator for up to five days. The sauce will thicken up quite a bit after being stored so you may need to add filtered warm water to it and whisk well before using again. Bringing the sauce to room temperature in advance of using it also helps.
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Hand Whisking
Keywords: easy vegan creamy tahini sauce