You will be shocked by how easy these gluten-free, vegan blender pumpkin muffins are! Get ready for perfectly fluffy, fall-spiced muffins.
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled old fashioned oats (or 2 1/4 cup oat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1.5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or neutral tasting oil)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plain pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional: top with a few mini vegan chocolate chips and/or a sprinkle of hemp seeds
- Optional: frost with my vegan cream cheese frosting (once fully cooled)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with silicone baking cups or grease the muffin tin.
- Blend the dry ingredients. In a high-speed blender, add the oats and grind into a fine flour. Add the rest of the dry ingredients (baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon) and blend again for a couple seconds until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients and blend again. Add the milk, maple syrup, avocado oil, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Fill the baking cups. Carefully pour the batter from the blender directly into the baking cups, filling them until full. Top with mini vegan chocolate chips or hemp seeds if desired.
- Bake the muffins. Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees without opening the oven door. Bake at 375 degrees for another 8 minutes until the tops are golden brown. You can check for doneness by inserting a knife in one of the muffins to see if it comes out clean. Watch closely at the end as each oven is different.
- Let them cool. Remove muffin tin from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack. Once the muffins are cool enough to handle, gently remove them from the silicone baking cups. Allow to cool further on the cooling rack for a couple minutes then enjoy at room temperature.
Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
To speed up the cooling process I sometimes put the entire muffin pan in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Breakfast or Snack
- Method: Oven
Keywords: vegan gluten-free pumpkin muffins