This easy almond pulp hummus is the perfect way to use up leftover almond pulp from making a batch of almond milk. It has an amazing creamy texture and is full of flavor from tahini, extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic. This recipe is also legume-free which some diets avoid. Best of all, it is so easy to make! I put all the ingredients in the same blender I used to make the almond milk once it is empty. One less dish to wash!
- 1 cup almond pulp (leftover from making two batches of homemade almond milk)*
- 1/2 cup runny tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 large garlic clove**
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
- freshly cracked pepper, flaky sea salt, drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, chives, parsley
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on low to medium speed for about one minute until smooth and creamy. Add more water if needed or use your blender's tamper/plunger. You can also stop and scrape down the sides with a mini spatula to ensure all the hummus gets fully blended.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to five days.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: appetizer, snack
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond pulp hummus