These easy, grain-free, vegan crackers are super simple to make and taste so much better than store-bought varieties! Easy Almond Flour Crackers have just 6 ingredients and are perfect for snacking or dipping.
- 1 cup blanched super fine almond flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon cassava flour (or sub 1 tablespoon tapioca flour if you don't have cassava flour)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place almond flour, cassava flour, tapioca flour, flaxseed, avocado oil and water in a mixing bowl and combine well. Form mixture into a ball of dough and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Place a sheet of parchment paper overtop the dough and roll it out into a rectangle shape with a rolling pin or cup. You want it 1/8 inch thick. The thinner it is the crispier your crackers will be. However, you don't want it so thin that the dough starts to rip apart.
- Lift the top piece of parchment paper and tidy up the edges so it looks like a straight-edged rectangle. You may need to re-roll it to ensure it is even throughout.
- Sprinkle flaky sea salt overtop the dough. Place the parchment paper overtop the dough and gently press the flaky sea salt into the dough.
- Wet the blade of a small knife and create cut marks throughout the rectangular dough to form tiny cracker squares. I typically make 24 crackers out of this recipe. Do not pull the dough apart. Having the lines in the raw dough will make it easy to break up the cooked crackers after baking. Use a chop stick or toothpick to create holes in the crackers. I did 4-5 holes per cracker.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes on the middle rack, watching closely at the end to ensure the edges do not burn. You may need to remove the perimeter crackers earlier than the inside crackers to ensure even baking.
- Once the crackers are golden brown, remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the crackers to cool and rest without disturbing them. After about 10 minutes, carefully break them apart along the edges and enjoy immediately or place crackers on a cooling rack to cool further. Once fully cooled, store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Feel free to add other seasonings such as onion powder, garlic powder or crushed rosemary.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: snack
Keywords: vegan paleo homemade crackers