These easy vegan truffles are made healthier with creamy avocado in place of heavy whipping cream. They come together quickly and make for a decadent treat!
For the truffles
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate (refined sugar-free) [use code ELAINE for a 15% discount] or vegan homemade chocolate
- 2 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1 medium ripe California avocado, pitted and peel removed (~2/3 cup avocado flesh)
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 3 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- flaky sea salt
- hemp seeds (or any crushed nut or seed)
- melted vegan dark chocolate (for this topping make sure you chill after dunking the truffles in the melted chocolate for 5-10 minutes before enjoying - this allows the chocolate shell to set)
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- unsweetened cacao powder or cocoa powder
- freeze-dried raspberries, crushed finely with a fork or processed in a mini food processor
- In separate bowls add whatever coating toppings you plan to use. Set aside.
- Place chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe glass container and microwave for 2 minutes on high. Alternatively you can use a double boiler. Pour into a 7-cup food processor.
- In a food processor combine the melted chocolate, avocado, cacao or cocoa powder, vanilla and salt until smooth and creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides of the processor with a spatula. Make sure no lumps of avocado remain. Taste and adjust sweetness if desired. Remove the blade and place just the main container of the food processor in the refrigerator for 20 minutes until the mixture has firmed up enough to easily roll into truffle balls.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop each truffle out of the food processor container. Roll in a circular motion between the palms of your hands until a round truffle is formed. Roll each truffle in desired topping bowls and place in a serving plate or bowl. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate the truffles before serving. Store in your refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week.
*To keep this recipe refined sugar-free and vegan I recommend Hu vegan dark chocolate gems [use code ELAINE for a 15% discount]
If you are not serving that same day you may want to wait to roll the freeze-dried raspberries as they start to get soggy overnight.
- Prep Time: 20
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: avocado truffles