Crispy Oven Roasted Cauliflower has the perfect bite on the outside with a tender, flavorful middle that isn't mushy at all.
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and dried thoroughly, core and stem removed, cut into small and evenly-sized florets
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided (1 for coating the bottom of the baking sheet and 2 for tossing with the cauliflower)
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt (add after it comes out of the oven for best results)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a half sheet baking sheet or cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower on the baking sheet and use tongs to toss well with olive oil, black pepper and garlic powder if using.
- Arrange the cauliflower florets in one even layer cut side down. Make sure the florets are not touching. Use two pans/skillets if needed.
- Roast in the middle rack of your oven for 30 minutes flipping florets 180 degrees halfway through.
- After roasting, sprinkle with the salt and toss well.
- Enjoy immediately alone or with your favorite sauce or grain bowl. Best when fresh out of the oven. I love to dip them in my Vegan Tzatziki Sauce or Green Tahini Sauce.
- Allow any leftovers to fully cool to room temperature before storing or they will steam and get overcooked/soggy in your storage container. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to four days. Reheat leftovers in the oven at a high temperature for a brief period of time so they don't get mushy on the inside.
Measuring Spoons [use code ELAINE-10 for 10% off]Buy Now →
To cut the cauliflower, place the core down and head face up. Cut in half and then turn 45 degrees and then cut in half again (creating 4 equally sized pieces). Then, place each piece at a 45 degree angle and use a knife to easily separate the florets from the core. For best results, you may need to cut the cauliflower florets in half if they are large.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
Keywords: crispy roasted cauliflower