Crispy Oven Roasted Cauliflower has the perfect bite on the outside with a tender, flavorful middle that isn’t mushy at all.
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and dried thoroughly, core and stem removed, cut into small and evenly-sized florets
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided (1 for coating the bottom of the baking sheet and 2 for tossing with the cauliflower)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a half sheet baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower on the baking sheet and toss well with olive oil and seasonings using two spoons.
- Arrange the cauliflower florets in one even layer cut side down. Make sure the florets are not touching. Use two pans if needed.
- Roast in the middle rack of your oven for 30 minutes flipping florets 180 degrees halfway through.
- Enjoy immediately alone or with your favorite sauce or grain bowl. I love to dip them in my Vegan Tzatziki Sauce or Green Tahini Sauce.
- Allow any leftovers to fully cool to room temperature before storing or they will steam and get overcooked in your storage container. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to four days. Reheat leftovers in the oven at a high temperature for a brief period of time so they don’t get mushy on the inside.
To cut the cauliflower, place the core down and head face up. Cut in half and then turn 45 degrees and then cut in half again (creating 4 equally sized pieces). Then, place each piece at a 45 degree angle and use a knife to easily separate the florets from the core. For best results, you may need to cut the cauliflower florets in half if they are large.
- Category: Side
Keywords: crispy roasted cauliflower