This creamy vegan Chocolate Mint Smoothie is frosty, refreshing and feels super indulgent (but is actually packed with nutritious ingredients)! It’s thick and creamy with rich, deep cocoa flavor perfectly complemented by bright peppermint. This smoothie is plant-based, dairy-free, refined sugar-free and paleo too!
- 6 soft pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds (optional but adds a nice creaminess to the smoothie)
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder or cocoa powder*
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 large fresh mint leaves (or a tiny drop or two of peppermint extract)**
- tiny pinch of salt (helps bring out the flavors – trust me!)
- 2 cups ice (add at the end after the first blend)
Optional Smoothie Boosters
- handful or two baby spinach or any leafy green
- 1/2 avocado (makes it extra creamy)
- 1–2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1–2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 scoop of Sprouts Vanilla (or Chocolate) Vegan Protein Powder
- Add dates, almonds, cacao/cocoa powder, almond milk, vanilla, mint and a tiny pinch of salt to your blender.
- Add any smoothie boosters you plan to use.
- Blend from low to high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add ice and blend again until smooth and creamy. Use your blender‘s tamper/plunger if needed.
- Add more milk if it is too thick. Add more ice to make it thicker/frostier. I personally love a thick, frosty, creamy smoothie!
- Taste and adjust flavors if needed. At this point you can add more vanilla, dates, cocoa powder or mint.
* Use a good quality cocoa powder or cacao powder here. It should be a vibrant dark brown in color.
** Add more mint for a stronger mint flavor. I like a subtle hint of it personally but feel free to add more if you like! I find a little goes a long way though. Especially if using the peppermint extract. My preference is the fresh mint leaves – I think it gives the freshest and most authentic flavor to the smoothie.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
Keywords: Vegan mint chocolate smoothie