This dairy-free smoothie is thick and creamy. It is chock full of antioxidants and plant-based protein to power you through your morning. It basically tastes like berry vanilla ice cream. Top it with your favorite healthy boosters and fresh berries for a more complete and satisfying meal.
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 acai frozen packet (100 grams)
- 1 1/4 cup frozen berries (I do 1/2 cup raspberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup frozen strawberries)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla plant-based milk (I use almond but you could use coconut, hemp, rice or oat if you are allergic to tree nuts)
- Topping Ideas: chia seeds, hemp seeds, strawberry slices, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cacao nibs, nut or seed butter, pomegranate seeds, currents, granola, drizzle agave, chopped dates
- Soak the pitted dates for 30 minutes in boiled water. This step simply softens the dates and helps the blender blend them smooth. If you have a Vitamix you can skip this soaking step as the machine is powerful enough on its own to blend the dates smooth.
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender in the order they appear (dates go in first on bottom and milk goes in last). Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Because this is a smoothie bowl it will be super thick. You may need to use your tamper to get things going. If you do not have a tamper you can manually scrap down the sides. Or, you can wait for the frozen fruit to thaw out a bit so it blends easier. If you prefer a thinner smoothie you can add more milk. If you prefer a thicker smoothie and your blender can handle it, add more frozen fruit 1/4 cup at a time.
- Pour the smoothie into a small bowl. Top with your desired toppings. In the picture above I used two small sliced strawberries, a small handful of blueberries, 1/2 tablespoon hemp seeds, 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds and a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds and cacao nibs. Using a spoon enjoy immediately.
- Category: Smoothie Bowl