This Creamy Tropical Kiwi Smoothie is filled to the brim with bright, tangy kiwi flavor guaranteed to chase the winter blues away.
- 12 kiwis, skin removed, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, plain light coconut milk
- Optional: 1 lime zested and juiced
- Optional: handful of fresh mint leaves (large stems removed)
- Arrange kiwi slices in one even layer on a large baking sheet linked with parchment paper. Allow space between each kiwi slice so they do not freeze together. Place the baking sheet in your freezer overnight (or until kiwi is frozen solid).
- Place frozen kiwi slices and coconut milk in a high speed blender. Blend from low to high speed while using the blender‘s tamper/plunger inserted into the lid’s hole. Push the frozen kiwis in tho the blades until the smoothie reaches a creamy smooth texture.
- Add lime zest, lime juice and mint if using. Blend again until well incorporated.
Make sure to use a baking sheet that can fit inside your freezer.
If using lime, you may need to balance out the sour/tart lime flavor with a drop of maple syrup. This will depend on how sweet your kiwis are. Taste and adjust flavors to your liking.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Tropical
Keywords: kiwi smoothie