This creamy, dairy-free sauce will liven up any dish. It is packed with fresh flavor and has a little spicy kick from the jalapeno. I love to pair this with roasted veggies, salads, quinoa or rice. It also makes a great taco topping. It comes together quickly and easily with just a mini food processor to puree everything together.
- 2 cups packed cilantro, thick bottom stems cut off
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and stem removed, chopped
- 1/2 small ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or any plain, unsweetened plant milk)
- 1 large juicy lime, juiced
- 2 small garlic cloves (or 1 large)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegan, soy-free mayonnaise (optional for added creaminess)
- Place all ingredients in a mini food processor and blend until smooth and creamy (about 30-40 seconds). Scrape down the sides as needed. Add water to thin if desired.
- Use immediately or store in a small airtight container in your refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Prep Time: 5 mins