Vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free fudgesicles make the perfect treat. They are incredibly creamy from the avocado and rich and chocolately from the cocoa powder/cacao powder. They are lightly sweetened by maple syrup and have a touch of vanilla flavor too. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used vanilla, unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder OR 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (~1/8 teaspoon)
- In a blender, puree all ingredients until smooth. You may have to scrap down the sides or tap the bottom of the blender to get out any air bubbles. Try to avoid adding more liquid if you can as this will water down the recipe. But if you must you can add a couple splashes of non-dairy milk to get the blender going.
- Pour (spoon) the mixture into your popsicle molds to freeze. This recipe makes 10, 2.5 ounce pops. Tap the molds on the countertop a handful of times once they are full, to try to get rid of all the air bubbles. Insert ice-pop sticks. Freeze until pops are solid and totally frozen (4-6 hours or preferably overnight). Pops will stay good for up to 2 weeks in your freezer.
- Just before serving, briefly run molds under hot water to release pops.
- Category: Dessert