My Creamy Avocado Vanilla Smoothie has hidden veggies, plant-based protein, and the most delightfully sweet flavor you’ve ever sipped!
For the smoothie
- 1 large handful fresh baby spinach
- 1 ripe avocado, skin and pit removed (chilled in advance if possible)
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower (or frozen zucchini)
- 1 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk (or oat milk)
- 5 large pitted, Medjool dates (stored at room temperature and soft)
- 1/4 cup raw, blanched slivered almonds (omit if nut-free)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups ice cubes (added in batches – see directions)
Optional smoothie boosters
- a second handful of raw baby spinach
- 1–2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1–2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Add spinach, avocado, cauliflower (or zucchini), milk of choice, dates, almonds, vanilla and any optional smoothie boosters to a high speed blender and blend on the highest speed until smooth and creamy (about 60 seconds).
- Add one cup of ice and blend for 30 seconds on the highest speed. Add one cup of ice and blend again for 30 seconds. Add the last bit of ice and blend again until smooth and creamy. I like to add the ice slowly to ensure it is easy to blend in. If you want to add it all at once you can and then just use your blender‘s plunger/tamper to push the ice into the blades. Either way works great.
- Pour into 2-3 glasses and enjoy immediately.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
Keywords: avocado smoothie