This easy and filling pasta dish tastes incredibly gourmet and yet only takes minutes to prepare. It is way better than using jarred tomato sauce and tastes super fresh. It is infused with fresh basil and pungent garlic flavor. The sauce is creamy and full of sweet tomato flavor. It is naturally vegan/dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free and soy-free.
- 10-12 ounces gluten-free spaghetti pasta (I use 100% brown rice pasta)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (such as Pomora classic extra virgin olive oil or their garlic infused variety)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut into thin ribbons
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Prep all other ingredients while you wait for the water to come to a rolling boil. Add a generous amount of salt to the boiling water. Break the pasta in half and then add to the pot. Cook according to package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks makes the sauce. Add oil, tomato paste, tomatoes, vegan butter, garlic, salt and pepper to a large rimmed saute pan. Turn the heat to medium and stir occasionally allowing everything to combine. The roma tomatoes will start to break down into the sauce. The sauce should cook for about 10-15 minutes. Typically when my pasta is finished cooking my sauce is usually done.
- Once the pasta is finished cooking, use a pasta ladle/spaghetti server to transfer batches of the cooked pasta over to the saute pan. You want to allow most of the pasta water to drip off but you can allow some of the pasta water to transfer over. This will make the sauce a bit creamier. Once all the pasta is in the large saute pan stir to coat evenly with the sauce.
- With the burner off, add the fresh basil and stir to combine. Serve immediately or transfer to a glass airtight container and store in your refrigerator for up to 5 days. Best when fresh. To refresh you might want to heat on the stove top with additional olive oil and tomato paste to bring it back to life and help re-moisten it. Otherwise, it might be a bit dry after being stored in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian