This vegan and gluten-free treat is about to become your favorite! Chocolate Coated Almond Butter Crunch Balls are the perfect bite!
- 1/2 cup raw creamy almond butter (unsalted and unsweetened), runny works best here
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup super fine blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1/2 cup brown rice crisp cereal, unsweetened or lightly sweetened with coconut sugar
- 1 cup vegan, refined sugar-free chocolate chips (I use Hu brand), melted on the stovetop or microwave
- optional: flaky sea salt for garnish
- Add almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla and salt to a medium sized mixing bowl. Use a spoon to stir together until well combined.
- Add the almond flour and stir again. Fold in the brown rice crisp cereal and mix until evenly distributed.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to portion out the batter into 12 scoops. Place each scoop on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Use your hands to roll each scoop into a ball. Freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- Once frozen dip each ball into the melted chocolate. You can do this using two forks or a chocolate dipping toolset like this. Allow excess chocolate to drop off before placing each ball back onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Add flaky sea salt if desired (just a tiny pinch on each ball before the chocolate sets). Freeze again for at least 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to fully set. Enjoy straight from the freezer.
- Once frozen you can consolidate the balls into an airtight container and store in your freezer for up to three months.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Snack/Dessert
- Method: Freezer
Keywords: vegan almond butter crunch balls