This fresh and boldly flavored vegan and gluten free black-eyed pea and avocado salsa is the perfect way to bolster your luck in the new year. It is quick and easy to make and goes great with your favorite chip. It is full of fresh zesty flavor and can be made spicy or mild depending on your preference. Happy New Year, everyone!
- 1, 15 ounce can black-eyed peas (no salt added), drained, rinsed and dried
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- Optional: 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust flavors as needed. You may want to add more lime juice, cilantro, salt or red onion.
- Serve immediately with your favorite salty chips or as a salad.
When serving this dip to my kids I omit the jalapeno but it does add some wonderful heat!
I like to chill my ingredients in advance so the dip is cold when I serve it. It is best when fresh. If you want to make it ahead of time I recommend adding the avocado just before serving.
- Category: Dip
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: black-eyed pea salsa