I've got a crush on you! This is the Orange Crush recipe that will have you sipping and singing all summer long. It's made with fresh orange juice and sparkling water for a bright and fizzy summertime drink. I provide options in the recipe for how to make it refined sugar-free and gluten-free. Make it with or without alcohol for a delicious sip every time.
- 3 cups crushed ice cubes (for serving)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fresh squeezed orange juice (from 2-3 large Valencia oranges)
- 3 shots (4.5 ounces) orange (or mandarin) flavored vodka (see notes for gluten-free recommendations)
- 1 shot (1.5 ounces) triple sec (omit for gluten-free and/or refined sugar-free)
- 1 can orange, tangerine or lemon/lime flavored sparkling water (I use Spindrift which is flavored naturally with real fruit juice)
- 1 cup cubed ice for cocktail shaker
- 1 small navel orange for garnish, sliced into 1/4 inch wheels the then wedges from the wheels
- Divide the crushed ice between the 2 glasses so each glass is about 3/4 full of crushed ice.
- Add the orange juice, orange vodka and triple sec to a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Divide between the two glasses filled with crushed ice.
- Top off each glass with the orange sparkling water.
- Gently stir then garnish with navel orange slices. Serve and enjoy immediately.
To make this a mocktail, simply omit the vodka and triple sec. Add more fresh squeezed orange juice or sparkling water in place of it.
To make this cocktail gluten-free use omit the triple sec and use one of these brand's of gluten-free vodka:
- Tito's Handmade Vodka
- Crystal Head Vodka
- Ciroc Vodka
- Grey Goose Vodka
- Cold River Vodka
- Ocean Vodka
- Dixie Vodka.
- Chopin Vodka
The classic orange crush recipe uses Sprite for fizz and added citrus flavor. To keep this recipe refined sugar-free, omit the Triple Sec and Sprite and use orange/mango, lemon or lime flavored Spindrift which is simply flavored with real fruit juice.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Cocktail
Keywords: orange crush recipe