Oats and almond flour create the perfect base for an incredibly fluffy, warmly spiced Vegan Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookie!
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 1 cup super fine blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup maple sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (or vegan butter), melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional: vegan vanilla cashew icing or vegan vanilla frosting for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a half sheet baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a completely dry high speed blender, add the oats and blend on the highest speed for 30 seconds until a fine flour forms. You should have just less than 1 cup of oat flour.
- In a large mixing bowl add the oat flour, almond flour, maple sugar, arrowroot powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Whisk well to combine until no clumps remain.
- Add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, melted coconut oil (or butter) and vanilla extract. Stir well until fully combined. Use a hand mixer if desired to get it extra smooth and well distributed.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon retractable cookie scoop to portion out the dough into 14-15 cookies. Place the dough on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 10-15 minutes before using a metal spatula to gently move the cookies to a wire cooling rack to fully cool to room temperature.
- Once fully cooled, you can ice them with vegan vanilla cashew icing or vegan vanilla frosting. I like to drizzle icing in a zig zag pattern.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days or in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: best vegan pumpkin cookies