Five minutes is all you need to make perfectly "roasted" asparagus using an air fryer. Simple, classic and lightly seasoned, this crispy asparagus can be served as a side to basically any meal to add some additional freshness as well as a pop of vibrant green color to round out your plate.
1 lb asparagus (about 20 spears depending on thickness)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/8 tsp salt
1/16 tsp pepper
- Wash and thoroughly dry the asparagus. It is important to pat the asparagus dry as moisture will cause it to steam and get soggy rather than crispy.
- Remove the woody ends of the asparagus stalks. This can be done by trimming about 1-2" from the bottom or by snapping them off with your hands.
- Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper over the asparagus before adding to the air fryer.
- Place the asparagus in the air fryer. It is fine if the asparagus overlaps a little.
- Air fry at 400˚F for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Feel free to overlap the asparagus to cook all in one batch. Overlapping is often a huge no-no when it comes to air frying, but not with asparagus! While we are looking for some degree of crispiness, this isn't the same as making sweet potato fries where crispiness is everything. Separating into two batches is perfectly fine to avoid overlapping and optimize crispiness, but I don't get hung up on that because it doesn't make a noticeable difference.
- Prep Time: 3
- Cook Time: 5
Keywords: air fryer asparagus