This easy vegan chocolate ganache recipe uses only two ingredients and can be made in less than 5 minutes! It is paleo, nut-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free and absolutely delicious. Use it as a frosting or filling for cakes, cupcakes and cookies, or enjoy it by itself with a spoon!
- Add melted chocolate and coconut cream to a small mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to combine until smooth and fluffy. It should still be thick and creamy like frosting.
- Tip: If the ganache is not firm enough pop the bowl in the refrigerator to harden. If it is too firm you can microwave it for 5-10 seconds to soften. Do not microwave for too long or it will liquify too much.
- Once the ganache is your desired consistency, spread it as you would spread frosting onto cakes, cupcakes, cookies or whatever baked good you are decorating. You can also add to a piping bag for easy decorating.
- You can store chocolate ganache in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. To reuse once refrigerated, let it come to room temperature until the consistency softens. You can re-whip it with the hand mixer to get the airy texture back.
* When refrigerated overnight the coconut cream rises to the top of the can above the coconut water. You can discard the coconut water that is below the coconut cream or freeze it in an ice cube tray for smoothies. For best results I recommend these brands of full-fat coconut milk: 365 brand, Sprouts, Thai Kitchen or Native Forest. I do not recommend using Trader Joe's brand for this recipe. Your can should yield about 1 cup of coconut cream.
** To keep this recipe vegan and refined sugar-free/paleo I recommend using Hu Kitchen Chocolate gems (not their chips). The gems melt best for this recipe. Depending on the chocolate you use you may need to add a teaspoon or two of coconut oil to get the right consistency. When melted your chocolate should be drippy with no chunks. If it seems too thick or lumpy, add the coconut oil to thin it out to achieve a runnier texture.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: vegan chocolate ganache