This refreshing vegan, grain-free and gluten-free strawberry sorbet dessert is simple and sweet. It is lightly sweetened and incredibly smooth. You can make this sorbet recipe with mango as well.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries, unsweetened*
- 1–2 tablespoons pure maple syrup**
- Blend the frozen strawberries and maple syrup. Use the blender‘s tamper or plunger to push the strawberries into the blades safely. Taste and add more sweetener if desired.
- Enjoy immediately or transfer to a freezer-safe container lined with parchment paper and smooth top with a spoon. Cover securely and freeze for 1-2 hours for perfectly rounded scoops. Do not over-freeze.
* If you are using a high speed blender then put the strawberries in straight from the freezer. I have a KitchenAid Pro Series blender. You don’t want to over-mix or it will become liquid. If you are using a regular blender then you might want to allow the strawberries to thaw out for 5-10 minutes at room temperature before blending.
** I prefer 1 tablespoon but you may want it sweeter.
You could add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and/or 1/3 cup coconut cream from a pre-chilled 15 ounce full fat coconut milk can. This will make it more like creamy strawberry ice cream and less like traditional sorbet. It is delicious too!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender
Keywords: homemade sorbet