This Walnut Crusted Roasted Delicata Squash recipe is a flavorful, nutritious and easy side dish that is sweet, savory, salty, crispy and satisfying. When roasted, delicata squash has a tender texture with crisp golden edges that make each piece irresistible. Serve it as a fall side dish or over salads, in grain bowls or in tacos.
- 1 delicata squash, ends discarded, halved lengthwise, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch thick half moons
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 cup raw walnuts, processed until fine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garnishes: flaky sea salt and fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the prepared delicata squash in a large bowl and add the maple syrup, oil, arrowroot powder, walnuts, salt and pepper and toss until all squash is evenly coated.
- Place the delicata squash on the prepared baking sheets making sure they are not touching one another. You may need to use two baking sheets.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 20 minutes then flip each piece of squash a full 180 degrees and bake for another 10 minutes until soft and golden brown on the edges. Garnish with the parsley and flaky salt. Serve hot.
You do not need to peel the delicate skin of the delicata squash. The skin is thin and tender enough to eat.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven Roasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted delicata squash