This easy and light pasta dish is loaded with flavor from a white wine-balsamic sauce. It gets added freshness and flavor from parsley, roma tomatoes, garlic and olive oil. It comes together quickly and doesn’t require much effort. This vegan dish is inspired by our favorite dish at Noodles & Company: Pasta Fresca.
- 10 ounces gluten-free pasta (such as farfalle or penne)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- half a large red onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2–3 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- Optional: 1/4 cup homemade vegan parmesan*
- Optional: freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile while the water is coming to a boil and the pasta is cooking, in a small bowl, whisk together fresca sauce ingredients (olive oil, white wine, balsamic, parsley and salt) until well-blended.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add red onion, garlic and tomatoes and sauté until onions are soft and translucent and tomatoes start to break down (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the cooked pasta, fresca sauce and spinach and toss for 3 minutes until well combined. You want the pasta to begin to brown and lightly toast. The spinach leafs should start to slightly wilt (do not overcook).
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Garnish with 3-ingredient homemade vegan parmesan cheese (recipe in notes below) and black pepper if desired.
How to Make Easy Vegan Parmesan Cheese
To make a batch of my favorite, easy vegan parmesan simply whisk these three ingredients together: ¾ cup almond flour (super fine from blanched whole almonds – not almond meal) + 5 teaspoons nutritional yeast + 1 teaspoon fine salt
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan pasta fresca