This indulgent Vegan Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake is perfect to make for your next celebration! It is soft and rich in the center with chewy golden brown edges. It is naturally sweetened and uses all gluten-free and plant-based ingredients. You can decorate it with my homemade vegan chocolate frosting if desired. This recipe is quick and easy to make too!
For the cookie cake:
- 3/4 cup raw creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup melted unrefined coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups blanched super fine almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 cup mini vegan chocolate chips (Hu gems for refined sugar-free)
For the vegan chocolate frosting (optional):
- 1/3 cup soy-free, vegan butter (softened not melted)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic, all natural powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Splash or two of non-dairy milk (~1 tablespoon of almond milk)
For the cookie cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Trace the edge of a circular 8-inch baking pan on a piece of parchment paper and cut out the circle. Grease the baking pan with coconut oil and place the circle-shaped parchment paper at the bottom. Do not skip this step.
- Stir together the ingredients and transfer the cookie dough onto the parchment-lined and greased baking pan. Press a new sheet of parchment paper against the cookie dough and use the bottom of a glass to flatten into one even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes until edges are just starting to become golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to fully cool before slicing or frosting (at least one hour).
For the frosting:
- Beat softened butter with a hand mixer on low speed until light and fluffy. Then add vanilla and beat again on low speed.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder 1/2 cup at a time and continue mixing until creamy. You may want to increase the speed slightly.
- Drizzle in a little non-dairy milk if clumpy. I used 1 tablespoon of unsweetened vanilla almond milk but any plant-based milk will work. Mix until smooth and creamy. Place into a piping bag with tip of choice and frost your cookie cake however you want! Slice and serve! Store. leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. After storing, allow the cookie cake to come back to room temperature before enjoying.
You can reserve a handful of chocolate chips to decorate the raw cookie dough in the pan just before baking. Once you have pressed the cookie dough into the pan lightly press the extra chocolate chips overtop the dough. This helps with the presentation of the cake.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: Vegan Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake