This vegan matzo crack is an easy no-bake Passover dessert that everyone loves. It turns bland matzo into a crave-able dessert with two amazing layers: a dairy-free and refined sugar-free caramel layer topped with a dark chocolate layer that is then sprinkled with flaky sea salt. Together they create a candy bar-like dessert that is Passover perfection. Simply freeze the dessert, break into pieces and watch it disappear at your Seder!
- 4 Matzo crackers squares
For the "caramel" layer
- 2/3 cup raw creamy almond butter (I like Trader Joe's the best)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
For the chocolate layer:
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted
- Line a large rimmed half sheet baking sheet with parchment paper. Place matzo in one single layer touching but not overlapping. Break up matzah to fit if needed.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the almond butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla and salt. Stir until everything is melted and well combined. Pour overtop the matzo and and spread out with a spatula into one even layer. Place in freezer for 20 minutes to set.
- Melt the chocolate until it is smooth and liquid. Pour overtop the almond butter caramel layer and quickly spread out with a spatula into one even layer. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired. Place in the freezer to allow the chocolate to set (about 10 minutes).
- When ready to enjoy break into smaller squares for serving. The center layer will start to melt at room temperature after about 30 minutes so return to the freezer if not serving immediately.
Measuring Spoons [use code ELAINE-10 for 10% off]Buy Now →
refined sugar-free, vegan dark chocolate (use code ELAINE for 10% off)Buy Now →
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
Keywords: Passover Matzo Crack