These easy, 8-ingredient vegan and gluten-free cookies are the perfect nutritious treat. They are refined sugar-free and full of healthy ingredients including oats, flaxseed and almond butter.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: oat flour, flaxseed, baking powder and salt.
- Using a hand mixer, blend in the wet ingredients: almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Using a large wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a retractable cookie dough scoop, place cookie dough on baking sheet. The recipe makes about 15 cookies if you use 1 heaping tablespoon of dough per cookie.
- Roll each ball together between your hands and slightly flatten each cookie. Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy the cookies immediately or store in an airtight container on your counter for up to 3 days.
* To make your own oat flour, simply add 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats to a mini food processor and process for 30 seconds until a fine flour forms.
- Category: Dessert