Overnight oats have been all the rage these days. I have Fall-ified this popular and speedy breakfast solution by incorporating pumpkin, October’s favorite vegetable. I figured the only thing that could make vegan overnight oats healthier would be adding a vegetable. It isn’t always easy incorporating vegetables into a busy day so why not start with breakfast? Who’s with me?
I can’t think of anyone who wouldn’t want to wake up to a healthy breakfast ready to go. This is why overnight oats make so much sense. By spending 2-3 minutes preparing it the night before you can literally stumble into your kitchen, grab a spoon and immediately enjoy a nutritious and satisfying meal full of fiber, whole grains, a vegetable (!) and heart-healthy chia seeds.
And what’s more is that it tastes like pumpkin pie! A pumpkin pie inspired breakfast!? Sign me up!
Pumpkin is a favorite food of fall. But did you know it is also packed with disease-fighting nutrients? Pumpkin has been deemed a “superfood,” and for good reason. It contains powerful antioxidants known as carotenoids that can protect cells from free radical damage. It also offers fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium, copper, folate, potassium and vitamins A, C, E and K. Canned pumpkin is packed with these nutrients, too.
This breakfast is raw, allergy-friendly, gluten-free, vegan and healthy. You can thank me tomorrow at 11:30am when you realize you are deep into your day and not hangry for lunch.Print
A healthy breakfast solution that tastes like pumpkin pie!
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (helps thicken and adds calcium, healthy fats, fiber and protein)
- 1 tablespoon grade B maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of allspice
- pinch of ground ginger
- Blend all ingredients in blender for 30 seconds
- Pour into a glass mason jar or glass container.
- Let sit in fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight for best results.
- Enjoy straight out of the jar. You can add toppings of your choice such as fresh fruit, nuts/seeds, coconut whipped cream and my homemade vegan caramel sauce.
- Category: Breakfast