An easy and satisfying quinoa recipe that is gluten-free and vegan.
- 8 cups of cooked quinoa (see my post on How to Make Perfectly Cooked Quinoa)
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ medium-sized red onion, diced
- 3 green onions, diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt + more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper + more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press or minced finely
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together olive oil, maple syrup, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine cooked quinoa, pecans, cranberries, red onions and green onions. Pour the dressing over the quinoa and stir until well combined. Taste and season with more salt or pepper if desired.
- Enjoy immediately or let cool to room temperature. The recipe can also be enjoyed at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Category: Quinoa