This plant-based, no-fruit smoothie contains two vegetables and you would never know it! It is creamy, thick and frosty like a milkshake with sweet flavor from dates, cinnamon and vanilla. Enjoy it yourself or share with your favorite person depending on how hungry you are.
- 1 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk (or any non-dairy milk such as cashew, rice, oat or hemp milk)
- 1 cup frozen purple sweet potato (or orange or white sweet potato if you don’t care about the color of your smoothie)
- 1/2 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 cup ice cubes (or more for a frostier smoothie)
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw almond butter
- 3 pitted dates (you can soak these in advance if you have time)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder (or 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or use vanilla flavored non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. You may want to put the dates at the bottom to ensure they get blended in well. Taste and add more dates for sweetness if desired. You may also want to add more cinnamon or vanilla for added flavor. I like to add extra ice for a frostier smoothie.
- Category: Smoothie