My No-Bake Vegan Paleo Pecan Pie Bars are filled with plant-based protein and sweetened naturally with dates. They're absolutely delicious and can be made in advance.
For the Crust
- 3 cups raw unsalted pecan halves
- 8 large soft room temperature pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
For the Pecan Pie Filling
- 12 soft room temperature pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup soaked raw unsalted cashews*
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup raw unsalted pecan halves
For the Topping
- 1 1/2 cup raw unsalted pecan halves
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper in both directions. Set aside.
- For the Crust: In a food processor fitted with an S blade, place pecans, dates, coconut oil and salt. Process for 30 seconds. Stop, scrape down the sides with a mini spatula and process for another 10 seconds. Use the mini spatula to transfer the mixture to the parchment lined baking pan. Place a sheet of parchment paper overtop the mixture and use the bottom of a small glass to press it down into one even layer that covers the entire bottom of the baking pan. Set aside.
- For the Pecan Pie Filling: In a high-speed blender, add the dates, cashews, water, coconut oil, vanilla and salt. Process from low to high speed and then leave on the highest speed for one minute. Stop, scrape down the sides of the blender with a mini spatula and process for another 30 seconds. The mixture should be smooth and creamy. Add the pecans and pulse 10 times to break up the pecans and incorporate them into the filling mixture. Use a mini spatula to transfer this filling overtop the crust layer in the baking pan.
- For the Topping: Sprinkle the pecan halves overtop the creamy pecan pie filling payer. Gently press the pecans into the filling but leave some of the pecans exposed overtop the mixture for presentation.
- Place the baking pan in your freezer for two hours. Lift the parchment paper to remove from the baking pan, then slice into 16 squares. If you have been storing the bars in your freezer for more than a couple of hours you might need to allow them to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Enjoy cold or at room temperature with your hands or a fork. Serve with vegan vanilla ice cream if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to one week. Or, store in an airtight container in your freezer for up to 2 months.
* Learn more about How (and Why!) to Soak Cashews in this post. Cashews should be soaked overnight, or you can use my quick-soak method which uses boiling water.
- Prep Time: 20
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food Processor and Blender and Freezer
Keywords: no-bake vegan pecan pie bars