Chocolate, coconut, and almond butter make for the perfect No-Bake Easter Egg Nest Cookies! They’re just right for kids who like to help in the kitchen, too. Use anything you’d like for the “eggs” and enjoy this very sweet tweet!
- 1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut (raw)
- 3 tablespoons raw creamy unsalted almond butter (or sub another nut or seed butter), runny not hard, oils mixed in well
- 2 heaping tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- 33 mini Cadbury chocolate eggs, jelly beans, blueberries, Marcona almonds, peeled hazelnuts or macadamia nuts
- In a large glass bowl combine coconut, almond butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Stir well.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to portion out the mixture onto a parchment lined half-sheet baking sheet. Gently form each mound of chocolate coconut mixture into a round nest shape. Don’t pack it in or press it together too much or it won’t look like a bird’s nest. You want it rustic looking.
- Use your thumb or the back of the cookie scoop to make a small well in the center of each nest.
- Place 3 mini eggs in the center of each nest.
- Place in freezer to set for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
For a more authentic nest shape you can use a silicone muffin tin and shape the nests in there with a well in the center of each.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
Keywords: Chocolate Coconut Nests