This Vegan Caramel Sauce requires NO stovetop time and is the decadent topping your desserts have been waiting for!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, plain non-dairy milk (such as almond milk or oat milk)
- 8 large, soft, pitted Medjool dates (stored at room temperature) [measures ~ 1 1/2 cups]
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream (just the solid white portion from a can of full-fat coconut milk that has been refrigerated for 8 hours or overnight)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and gradually blend from low to high speed. Leave on the highest speed for one minute until the mixture is perfectly smooth and creamy. Add more almond milk if needed. To get the caramel sauce perfectly smooth, scrape down the sides of your blender with a mini spatula and re-blend if needed.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for up to six months. Serve drizzled over your favorite vegan vanilla ice cream, apple crisp, sautéed cinnamon apples, apple pie, vanilla vegan yogurt, or overtop raw apple slices.
If your dates are not soft you can soak them in boiling water for 30-60 minutes before using in this recipe. Before using in this recipe simply drain out the soaking water and rinse the dates. If your dates are fresh and stored at room temperature this should not be an issue.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blender
Keywords: vegan caramel sauce